Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wednesday Oct. 6th

  I'm always thinking about way to re-use left overs and this is one that my kids really like. This morning I had some rice and pork  leftover from last nights dinner so  I decided to make the kids some fried rice for lunch.  They were going to have eggs this morning so I saved a few bits of them to add to the rice alog with some frozen mixed veggies and diced left over pork. And this is what they had...

This is Alaysia's lunch, she's having a shocked turkey octopus over the fried rice I made, a little bottle with soy sauce, a strawberry, mango kabobs, and for a treat some M&M's. 

Z's lunch is the same with a different expression on the octopus. I also added a container with ketchup to his after the picture.

And here's both of the lunches!




    This whole idea kind of stared off by me creating fun ways to serve the kids their dinner. My kids weren't very interested in, and could never finish our usual family dinner so I would by them cute plates with pictures on the bottom, or divider plates with little compartments to make it fun for them. I made our usual dinner and the kids would have a variation of what we would eat. I'd make them smaller potions, add fruit or yogurt, and make the food into fun shapes and faces. I'm sure that if you're a parent you've tricked your kids into eating their broccoli by calling it a tiny "tree" well this is the same thing only better! I mean why not make the broccoli into a whole forest along with mountains and animals? It's also a great way to "trick" your kids into trying different fruits and vegetables. I took a picture of what they had for dinner last night, nothing fancy just in a cute plate since my little guy wanted to be carried by me while I was cooking:)
This was Alaysia's dinner grilled pork and bbq sauce to dip, white rice, steamed broccoli and cauliflower with shaped cheese on top, and some fruit.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment