Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

eek a mouse!!!

Thursday Oct. 21st


  Today I had a bunch of mac and cheese left over from the kids dinner yesterday and I wanted to reuse it for their snack lunch today. And Alaysia felt a little left out because she didn't have any mini sausages in her lunch yesterday so that was a perfect start to todays lunch. I just had to figure out how to combine the two... hmm... mice like cheese so they should also like mac and cheese too right?? Well thats the idea I went with today so they had a few sausage mice over their mac and cheese for lunch along with a mix of different fruits. I added a tutorial for my little mice too!


Z's lunch.

Alaysia's lunch.



Sausage Mouse Tutorial:

So first you need you mini sausage and a sharp knife:)
Then slice off the tip and two slices the same thickness.

Next make a slit down the top of the round end making sure it's not go down too far.
Then insert the two little rounds in the slit to make the ears.
And that's it! You're done!
Or you can add cute little details or faces to them. I used these sprinkles I found at Target for the nose and whiskers along with candy eyes:)



















2 comments:

  1. My daughter saw this and flipped! She wants them in her bento now...thanks for the tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippy!! Happy to help! I hope she likes them:)

    ReplyDelete