Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Encore Empanadas

Tuesday, Nov.9th


  Since all of the empanadas I made last time vanished, my son and I made a new batch last night. We stuffed them with meat this time and had some left over masa so we made some all cheese ones too. I was hoping to be able to save a few this time to stash in the freezer for those rushed mornings when I only have a few minutes for the kiddos lunches. And I am happy to say that I did get to save some:) even after they gobbled up 3 each for dinner last night and 3 more for todays lunch.
In her box today she has 3 emanada halves two meat and one cheese, along with oranges, grapes and the usual veggies carrots and sugar snap peas. In her bear container she has some yogurt and a sweet treat from her candy stash. I've really been wanting to order some dividers for their boxes but since I haven't done it yet I've been  improvising with some of the kiddos favorite characters printed on thick card stock paper. She loves Nightmare Before Christmas, and anything with pink skulls or punk-ish (if thats even a word).. I think they came out pretty nice! The only thing is they aren't very reusable though:(

And here's Z's smaller box with ninja turtles....Turtle Power!!!

1 comment:

  1. love your blog! how do you make those Empanadas? I am always looking for new things to make for dinner/bento :)

    ReplyDelete