Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

Empanadas

Friday Nov. 5th

  Well yesterday I had out my press that I used for making sandwiches and thought I would try and make some empanadas for dinner. And yippy! They turned out really really good, which was a good thing because I made a bunch of them:) I stuffed them with a chicken filling and for the kiddos I also added some cheese. I served the along with beans and red rice which I made extra of because it's great for their lunch boxes and my littlest guy loves it too. All of the extra emanadas didn't end up lasting as long as I thought they would because I sent some off with Grandma and I used the rest for these lunch boxes:( but that just means they were a hit and I will have to make more!!!
This box was for Alaysia she has red rice, two empanadas, green grapes, black berries, carrots and sugar snap peas.

Z has one empanada cut in half,grapes, carrots and sugar snap peas along with peach yogurt with sprinkles
And here is Daddy's lunch:) He has a mixed spinach and romaine salad, two empanadas, carrots and sugar snaps peas, a few grapes and blackberries and some ranch for his salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment